- Page 1 of 2
- Next page
What Are Tongs Used For?
Tongs are an industrial type of tool primarily used to lift and grip objects rather than holding them in your hands. There are various types of tongs designed specifically for their intended purpose. The different types of tongs are:
- Tonga: This is the most common tongs and is usually made of stainless steel or chrome plated metal. There are typically five to eight finger holes located in the top of the tongs. They are used for gripping certain objects and lifting them. This type of tongs has an extendable handle to accommodate any fingers that are needed to operate it. The handles are usually adjustable and may be closed off to protect the food from dripping down on to the table.
- Tonga Bag: This is a small metal tray that is used for storing or transporting food. These tongs are typically used in restaurants, cafes, and homes. The tray is opened by opening the mouth of the tongs and the food is retrieved and placed into one of the mouth openings.
- Tongs With Stem: This is a longer version of the tonga bag. It has an extended handle and can be used to grasp an item such as a wine bottle. The longer tongs are great for picking up and moving heavier items. When the items are dropped, they tend to stay put rather than being easily released.
- Dinner Tongs: These tongs are used for taking smaller food items like scoops and knives. There is a handle on the top of the tongs for ease of picking up the items. The flat top of the tongs is used to scrape food items off tables. This style of tongs can usually withstand a lot of use and abuse. Many of these tongs are made of wood and decorated with metal and glass components.
- Dinner Sets: These tongs are larger and are intended to hold larger items. They are also called dinner sets or chopsticks. The chopsticks portion can be used to take small meals while the larger chopstick is used for larger items. They are sometimes sold with apron or a pocket for holding napkins or paper plates. These sets are available in various styles and colors.
- Cast Tongs: These tongs are available in a variety of shapes including those with flowers, leaves, and animals. They are often used in displays or used for moving food from one place to another. The material that is used for making these tongs ranges from plastic to wood. Some cast tongs are made from iron. They are constructed in a way that allows them to be opened without bending over and they are used for scooping and stirring batter.
Tongs are one of the most important utensils used by people around the world. They are used in everyday life and in their daily chores. Some people use them for carrying things as well, but their main use is for picking up and transferring food items from one place to another. Because of the usefulness of tongs, many homes have their own set of them so that they have access to food when they are in need.
Tongs come in different sizes. It all depends on the functions that one would like them to serve. There are the smaller sized ones that one would use for picking up small objects and moving them from one place to another, while there are larger ones that can be used for scooping up large objects. The larger types can also be used to collect eggs.
There are many different uses for tongs. They can be used for carrying small kitchen items, moving or storing things, and even for picking up dropped items and putting them into one's own container. They are very convenient and provide one with a much more organized set of tools than one usually has when using a knife and fork.
Aside from the typical things mentioned, tongs can also be used for cooking. Some people use them to chop onions and garlic as well. Some others may use them for stir frying food items. And some others may have more elaborate uses. Whatever the usage, tongs are indeed a useful tool and would certainly come in handy.