- Shun's premium Classic Blonde Santoku Knife features our signature VG-MAX high carbon steel and layered Damascus cladding – a functional feast for the eyes of any chef.
- The beautifully modern, D-shaped, blonde PakkaWood handle encases the full composite tang blade for balance, reducing unwanted rotation and improving grip for right and left-handed chefs alike.
- A multi-purpose knife for virtually every cutting task in the kitchen, our Classic Blonde Santoku's 7-inch length and lightweight design make it an excellent chef's knife for small or crowded spaces.
- Handcrafted in Japan, this kitchen knife is ground and honed to a razor sharp 16-degree edge out of the box. It’s balanced immediately forward of the bolster like most Shun knives for superior handling.
- Santoku, nakiri, boning, slicing, or steak – Shun blades glide through food when used in a back-and-forth or rocking motion that applies some force parallel to what's being cut, letting the edge do the work.
Details: The name of Shun's Classic Blonde Santoku Knife means "three virtues" in Japanese. This refers either to the three types of foods it works especially well with – vegetables, proteins, and fruit, or the three types of cuts at which it excels: slicing, dicing, and chopping. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, a Santoku is very easy to maneuver, especially in a smaller space. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which enhances the knife's versatility. Meat, fish, or vegetables, the refined and accurate cuts enabled by Shun knives may lead to some of the best cooking (and eating) experiences you and your guests will ever have. Crafted from our proprietary VG-MAX cutting steel with Damascus cladding that resists corrosion and holds an edge. As with all Shun cutlery, you receive free sharpening for life at our office in Tualatin, Oregon – see packaging for more details. Hand wash only.
Package Dimensions: 15.4 x 3.3 x 1.1 inches