- The Nakiri, Japanese for “vegetable knife,” is a must-have kitchen blade; chefs around the world consistently choose this superior, extremely useful knife for fruit and vegetable preparation
- With its straight edge, blade and spine, Nakiri swiftly slices through vegetables with precise push cuts; blunt end provides safety while dicing, chopping, slicing, mincing, cutting, and more
- Hollow-ground indentations along base of blade help food release more easily; dice onions, chop salad ingredients, slice up stir fry vegetables, mince herbs and more with precision, speed and ease
- Like all Shun Cutlery, the Nakiri is made from high-performance steel that holds a razor-sharp, 16-degree double-bevel edge; striking Heritage finish gives blades in the Kanso line a rustic appeal
- Give the gift of perfection and precision, a gift that will delight and inspire the chef, baker, cook, artisan, student, mom, dad, graduate, grandparent, host, hostess, couple, newlyweds and more
Details: One of the most useful tools in the kitchen, the Japanese vegetable knife, or Nakiri, will quickly become a favorite. Its razor-sharp, 16-degree Shun blade holds an edge that lasts an incredibly long time, essential when meeting the many pressing demands of home, school and professional kitchens. The 6.5-inch Hollow-Ground Nakiri is just the right size for preparing vegetables, whether chopping potatoes, dicing onions, mincing herbs, slicing carrots or sectioning fruit. Not only does the Nakiri perform with precision, it also has the visual appeal that sets it apart as a world class piece of cutlery. Its rustic Heritage finish blade and handsome tagayasan wood handle speak of the simplicity, beauty and performance of the knives in Shun’s Kanso line. With full-tang construction and gently contoured handle, Shun’s Kanso 6.5-inch Hollow-Ground Nakiri provides ultimate strength, balance and control, whether whipping up stir fry for a crowd or simply chopping veggies for a family dinner.
Package Dimensions: 16.2 x 3.5 x 1.2 inches